lfevansjr

Jonathan Maas
False Start
Alison Hendricks

My Winter Family

My Winter Family - Raleigh Ruebins Emmett, Emmett, Emmett... He really annoyed me at first... but once I read enough to get past his multiple walls and saw the real him... how could anyone not love him. Kudos to the author in creating an incredilbly complex and real character. Not that Ryan is chopped liver cuz he is pretty awesome himself. After all only a truly amazing caring guy would be able to crack the nut that was Emmett. I loved that the author took her time with this story, allowing the characters and their relationship to progress at their own pace and in their own way. I think the best stories are written sometimes when an author does this. It worked beautifully with this book. It felt very real and believable. I love the fact that Emmett seeking help for his anxiety was included in this story. Mental health issue are more common than many people want to admit. Being someone diagnosed as Bipolar 2 in 2003 at the age of 38 who grew up with a mother who was not diagnosed till she was in her 60's. I totally support recognizing and talking about these issues openly and honestly. I commend the author for including that aspect in this book. This book was a great read, with plenty of feels and yes... more than a few tears!